Hunter-Davisson, Inc. has been providing exceptional HVAC-R services to our customers in the Portland Metro area for over 54 years. Our core value is to treat others as we wish to be treated, whether one is a customer, an employee or a vendor. Practicing this core value has served us well as evidenced by our long-standing customer relationships, some going on three generations, and long-term employees that have worked with us for decades.
We are seeking an individual with at least 1-3 years’ relevant experience and knowledge of construction payroll, including prevailing wage. Knowledge of job cost accounting is desired, but not required. If you meet this criteria, desire to be part of a professional high quality team, enjoy working in a fast paced and sometimes high pressure environment, then we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume and cover letter, which you can email to email@example.com ATTN: HR Manager
• Process weekly payroll for hourly employees and semi-monthly payroll for salaried employees.
• Ensure correct rates are being paid for all work, especially Prevailing Wage projects.
• Submit Certified Payroll Reports for Prevailing Wage projects monthly.
• Process and distribute paystubs and/or physical paychecks as requested.
• Calculate and send weekly payroll tax payments.
• Create and distribute W-2s annually.
• Respond to garnishment notices including child support, set up payroll withholdings and make payments to creditors as necessary.
• Compile data needed for annual ACA and EEO-1 reports, and submit.
• Maintain confidential personnel and payroll files.
• Be the primary point of contact for employees regarding benefits and payroll issues.
• Review company benefits with new hires and guide them through the enrollment process.
• Process employee benefit enrollment and changes and make necessary adjustments to payroll withholdings.
• Reconcile and approve monthly benefit invoices.
• Coordinate annual open enrollment period, including distributing and collecting documentation, processing benefit changes and adjusting payroll withholdings as necessary.
• Mail COBRA packets to former employees and enroll in continuing coverage if elected.
• Onboard new employees and offboard terminating employees.
• Track employee time off, including sick, vacation, OFLA/FMLA, etc.
• Coordinate annual giving campaign.
• Respond to requests for verification of employment.
• Post job ads on various recruiting websites.
• Maintain company website updated with current staff pictures and biographies.
• Attend ongoing training seminars as needed.