Project Name: The Strand Condominiums
Location: Portland, OR
Owner: RiverPlace Partners, LLC
Architect: Ankrom Moisan Associated Architects
General Contractor: Walsh Construction Company
The Strand is made up of three glass and metal point towers (two with 11 floors each and one with 13 floors). Total unit count is 189 high-end condominiums, 27 two-story townhouses, retail space and a restaurant. The community embraces the promenade with maximum views of the river and city.
- Supplied an energy efficient heating/cooling system for all four buildings.
- Overcame logistical hurdles of staggered construction and regulations for high-rise HVAC work.
- Worked alongside consulting engineer, Glumac International for potential value engineering options.
- Each unit has an independent control and 7-day programmable thermostat.
- Installed more than 12,000 feet of condenser loop.
- Stairwells and elevator shafts were pressurized in case of fire.
Letters/ Appreciation Accommodation:
- Letter of Recommendation (Axis Crane – Alex Clark)
- Letter of Recommendation (Meadowlark Partners LLC – David Lintz)
- Letter of Recommendation (Neudorfer Engineers Inc – Mike Vawter)
- Letter of Recommendation (Walsh Construction – Brian Johnson)
- SHARP Award, STEP Award
- Associated Builders and Contractors Excellence in Construction — Mechanical over $1,000,000