Project Name: PSU New Birmingham Housing
Location: Portland, Oregon
General Contractor: Walsh Construction Company
Developer: Armstrong Development, Inc.
Scope of Work: 4th and 5th floor tenant improvements for US Forest Service
Hunter-Davisson’s commitment to remaining current in an ever-changing industry, and more specifically our expertise and experience in the LEED certification process and sustainable building techniques, proved invaluable on the New Birmingham housing project. The building was slated for a number of unique, energy-saving features such as a storm water harvesting system, a soil vapor mitigation system, and natural air ventilation shafts through the core of the building. Not to mention over 98% of the existing Birmingham was reused in construction or recycled.
- Thorough understanding of design concepts that allows us to exceed the performance requirements for LEED projects accurately and efficiently.
- Completed on time and on budget with zero lost time accidents
- When presented with a long list mechanical, electrical, and plumbing roadblocks HD consistently collaborated and coordinated with subcontractors to efficiently overcome the challenge.
- Associated Builders and Contractors Excellence in Construction – Green Building – New Construction
News and Publications:
- New residence Hall Named in Honor of PSU’s Founding Father
- Stephen Epler Residence Hall