Project Name: FLIR Systems, Brysen Relocation
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Architect: LRS Architects
General Contractor: Commercial Contractors, Inc.
Scope of Work: Preparing facility for lens coating equipment
FLIR Systems is the leading manufacturer of thermal and stabilizing camera systems. Partnering with Commercial Contractors in our role as a design build mechanical contractor, Hunter-Davisson was challenged to prepare FLIR’s headquarters in Wilsonville for lens coating equipment being relocated from Florida. Work included placement of a 2,100 lb. chiller on the roof and completing major remodeling inside the facility, while remaining invisible to production staff at FLIR. One of Hunter-Davisson’s biggest accomplishments of this project was using innovative solutions to ensure that the water tanks wouldn’t freeze in the winter without the use of antifreeze.
- Remodel of facility to include a new mechanical room
- Extension of existing compressed air piping and AR/N2 gas lines; addition of reverse osmosis (RO) water piping and AR/N2 gas lines
- Installation of rooftop chiller with water mains for process piping, and branch return and supply lines
- Design and installation of customized system delivering various water temps to critical processing equipment
- Design and installation of system to ensure liquid/gas purity
- Fast turnaround of design and adaptation to client’s production schedule
Letters/ Appreciation Accommodation:
- Letter of Recommendation (Axis Crane – Alex Clark)
- Letter of Recommendation (Neudorfer Engineers, Inc. – Mike Vawter)
- Associated Builders and Contractors Excellence in Construction – Special Recognition