Hunter-Davisson, Inc. (HD) has been serving businesses in Oregon and SW Washington since 1965. Our brand and reputation for providing quality HVAC and refrigeration service, preventative maintenance and installations in the commercial market has led to our continued success. Our front end Mechanical Drafter/Detailers play a vital role in our Company. These individuals are responsible for layout & design of our HVAC-R installation projects and ensure constructibility for our field staff. Our Mechanical Drafter/Detailers assure the scope of work they are designing is code compliant, accurate and designed to Hunter-Davisson, Inc. standards. Therefore, they must represent Hunter-Davisson well by adhering to our high standards for excellent customer service, professionalism and consistently upholding our mission, vision and values.
Our Mechanical Drafters/Detailers work closely with Project Engineers and Project Managers to ensure superior communication of the design intent for new construction, tenant improvements and HVAC-R equipment replacement. Our Mechanical Drafters/Detailers work efficiently and effectively by implementing best practices and are encouraged to bring innovative ideas to the organization. In this position, we are seeking someone with an interest in growing, learning and developing their skills in a positive and engaging work environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ductwork & pipe sizing/layout for HVAC systems. HVAC equipment layout.
- AutoCAD MEP experience
- REVIT experience with the ability to setup and manage REVIT files
- Generate layouts, plans, elevations, sections and assemblies for HVAC systems and components.
- Coordination with engineers and field technicians
- SysQue experience a plus
- Knowledgeable of and able to apply current building, mechanical and energy code
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in the Commercial HVAC industry.
- Knowledge of both IBC/IMC.
- MS Office proficiency.
- AutoCAD & REVIT experience (4-years minimum)
- Satisfactorily complete and fulfill the essential duties required of this position.
- Knowledgeable about the commercial HVAC-R industry and its applications.
- Effective communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
- Place the needs of our customer and fellow employees above your own.
- Step in wherever/whenever needed to take care of our customers.
- Self-starter. Able to prioritize workload and meet all deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Uphold the image and integrity of Company. Conduct self in accordance with HD’s Core Values.
Drug free, Smoke free, and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Work is typically performed in the office and at the client’s place of business. Must observe the safety procedures set by the Company. May require occasional standing, walking, use of fingers and hands to hold or feel, and ability to reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. Occasional requirement to climb ladders and work at heights while wearing the appropriate safety protection gear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the incumbent to visit various client locations where hazardous materials or conditions may be present.
Must possess the ability to operate a computer, telephone and other general office equipment. Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.