HVAC-R Installation Technician
Lay out, install, start up, test, troubleshoot all types of Commercial HVAC-R equipment including hydronic piping, refrigeration piping, and associated low voltage wiring and controls. This position does not include sheet metal ductwork installation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interpret specifications, blueprints and material schedules as needed to complete HVAC-R installations.
- Install and direct installation of assemblies in building or work-site.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Establish and adjust work sequences to meet construction schedules, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
- Study, schedule and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Maintain time records and coordinate schedules.
Must be able to:
- Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often and rate information using measurable standards.
- Plan, lay-out, fabricate, assemble, install and repair HVAC-R related parts, products and equipment, utilizing knowledge of working characteristics of various piping, HVAC-R chemicals and compounds and lay-out techniques, using hand-tools, power tools, torches, gages, machines, and equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, or products specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabrication, assembling, and installing HVAC-R products.
- Select proper sizes of piping, as well as be familiar with local codes and standard installation processes.
- Install HVAC assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints and specifications using hand tools, power tools, and lifting and handling devices.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience installing HVAC for commercial equipment.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical code for both Oregon and Washington.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects concurrently.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, organization and technical skills.
- Possess a current Oregon Limited Energy Class B license (OR LE-B).
Drug free, Smoke free, and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Stand or walk for long periods of time during a regular work day.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects.
- Lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 pounds.
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other climbing devices.
- Carry tools and equipment; work while in stopped, kneeling, crouched and crawling positions.
- See naturally with or without correction, to safely perform designated tasks.