Controls Sales Engineer
Hunter-Davisson, Inc (HD) has been serving businesses in Oregon and SW Washington since 1965. Our brand and reputation for providing quality HVAC and refrigeration service, preventative maintenance and installations in the commercial market has led to our continued success. Our Sales Engineers play a vital role in our Company. These individuals are the face of the company when they are out in the field interacting with clients. Therefore they need to represent HD well by adhering to our high standards for excellent customer service and consistently upholding our mission, vision and values. The person in this role will retain our client base while expanding our business by identifying additional clientele. Our business has thrived as a result of our commitment and loyalty to our clients. Our Sales Engineers serve in different capacities across the areas of new construction, tenant improvement, HVAC-R equipment replacement and energy efficiency upgrades.
Reports to: HD Sales Manager
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Maintain and sustain current customer relationships while also generating leads and new business.
- Act as the point of contact for current and new accounts.
- Generate accurate estimates and professional proposals.
- Able to select appropriate HVAC-R control equipment.
- Possess a keen understanding of wiring diagrams and point-to-point lists.
- Explain and resolve both difficult business and construction issues (i.e. scope of work, contractual, personnel, schedule issues).
- Develop keen understanding of aspects of all our operations including PM contracts, warranty issues, emergency service, vendors relationships, materials controls, business functions.
- Able to delegate work to Controls Engineers.
- Ability to mentor and motivate other team members.
- Knowledgeable of and able to apply current building, mechanical and energy code.
- 4-year Engineering Degree (B.S – Mechanical Engineering with HVAC concentration preferred).
- Minimum of four years field experience in HVAC-R survey-application-design-estimating of Direct Digital Control Systems.
- MS Office proficiency.
Desired Qualities and Skills
- Proven track record in sales.
- Seek out new business without jeopardizing the relationship between HD and current clients.
- Ability to instill confidence and build customer loyalty.
- Sustain trust and instill confidence in our customers that we are the right choice for their HVAC controls needs.
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with HD Customers.
- Knowledgeable about the commercial HVAC-R industry and control applications.
- Effective communicator both written and verbally.
- Team player and ability to work independently.
- Step in wherever/whenever needed to take care of our customers.
- Team leader. Lead by example and set the bar for others in the company.
- Self-starter. Able to prioritize workload and meet all deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Represent the image and integrity of Company and conduct self in accordance with HD’s Core Values.
- Proficient with Timberline-Sage estimating program.
- Industry/Community leadership: Involvement and leadership in ASHRAE, ABC, AGC, etc.
- Keep all necessary licenses and certifications active and in good standing.
- AX and N4 Certification.
Work is typically performed in the office and at the client’s place of business. Must observe the safety procedures set by the Company. May require occasional standing, walking, use of fingers and hands to hold or feel, and ability to reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. Occasional requirement to climb ladders and work at heights while wearing the appropriate safety protection gear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the incumbent to visit various client locations where hazardous materials or conditions may be present.
Must possess the ability to operate a computer, telephone and other general office equipment. Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. The incumbent must be able to legally operate a company vehicle in order to complete daily job duties.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
Some of our benefits include:
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Medical & dental insurance
- Profit sharing
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Drug free and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.